Why you should take this course before studying overseas or inter-programme
This course covers language and skills that might be offered on a typical pre-sessional English programme in an overseas university. It is very useful in that it helps you develop writing, speaking, reading and listening skills that are needed to study in a Western academic context – which is very different from a Thai academic context. You will have help developing an academic essay based on suitable academic sources, and you will also have many opportunities to practice making presentations and therefore feel more confident. This means that on your first day at university, you can ‘hit the ground running’, this means that you will not have to waste time getting used to the new study skills and developing your vocabulary and grammar.
Why should you study at Westminster?
Study Abroad UG, PG or PhD with an Unconditional Offer
If you have received an unconditional offer from a university abroad, but you don’t feel ready in terms of your academic skill-set, and you would like to fully prepare yourself for studying.
If you need to take a pre-sessional course as part of your conditional offer, but you worry that you may not pass the requirement.
Currently studying Inter/English Programme in Thailand
If you want to study on an international programme in Thailand, but you are not confident about your academic writing and speaking skills.
Designed to create Academic Essay Writer and confident Academic Presenter
You will no longer have any anxiety and fear about passing a pre-sessional English Program or feel stressed about your first semester at university. You will be much more confident about your ability to operate well in an English-speaking academic environment.
After completing this course students will be able to:
・Write an extended academic essay (1000-1500 words)
・Learning and conversating in Western Style Academic
・Give confident and effective academic presentations in English
・Deal with teaching and learning in an intercultural environment.
+ Writing for Academic Essay
- Structure your Academic Essay
- How to bring key takeaways and facts from original sources into your essay using the Reading into writing method
- In addition, students will learn to follow an academic structure and academic referencing in order to show critical thinking in your essay
- Learning to avoid plagiarism by learning to references and quotations in Harvard referencing Systems
- Leaning all 4 types of Academic Essay as well as learning to use critical thinking and transition words in: discussion, compare and contrast, argument, and descriptive essay
+ Giving an Academic Presentation
+ Giving an Academic Presentation
- Planning your Presentation
- Learning how to create power point presentation in an academic manner
- Learn how to present clearly and direct to the point lead with facts while also focusing on tones and delivering based on infomation relying on academic techniques such as stress and intonation, natural rhythm, and chucking your words together
We stay up to date with our class availability. Please contact us for an enquiry
Course promotion for
Academic Essay Writing and University Preparation
Complete the form to receive our course schedule and special promotion
What do our previous students think?
Testimonials from Academic Essay Writing & University Preparation students
IELTS Course at Westminster
Developed for students to archive expected IELTS band and efficient results
IELTS programme with continuous development, highly trained, native-speaker teachers and caring staff at Westminster
Our students achieving IELTS 7.0-9.0